Translate

Wednesday, November 28, 2012

About that new tablet...

We went to the Grand Opening of the Apple store near me. Oh how I love shiny new gadgets! The iPad mini was everything I already love about the iPad. We have hundreds of apps for productivity, education, leisure, and some for pure fun. I loved the apps at Duck Duck Moose when my children were younger. The apps were crisp and sharp even though the Mini doesn't have the retina display. Speed has never been a issue for me but yeah I'd say it was fast. It was smaller and lighter than our current iPads. Although that might be an attractive feature for some users for Tech Dude it is a problem. A serious problem see exhibit #1.

Exhibit #1
Your eyes do not deceive you. This is Tech Dude's iPad last night. Yes even though it was protected by the highly reviewed Otterbox Defender he managed to smash the screen. He had this iPad for over a year. He's dropped it from the car, thrown it down the steps, you name it he's tried. Faithfully, the Defender protected the iPad from damage. That is until now. So what lessons are to be shared here? Hmmm...
  1.  Be careful that your children don't develop the 'if I break it Mommy will get me another one attitude'
  2. Don't give your children expensive and fragile gadgets.
The iPad Mini and the Kindle are out of the running for now until Tech Dude is more mature. Good thing we have a Ubreakifix near us. They fixed up his iPad good as new for less than $140 bucks. Can't beat that! Now our holiday shopping budget is little less. Not complaining at all. 

K.

No comments:

Post a Comment